Production Consultant Jobs
This position supervises workover and completion operations and handles the daily management of production operations on behalf of the contract oil and gas operating company. The production consultant oversees the Operator’s production plan, handling various aspects of workover/completions engineering assignments and assisting in preparing completion, testing and workover procedures while striving to maximize profitability by increasing revenue and lowering operating expenses.
- Follow safe operating practices and ensure compliance with environmental, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Assist engineers in workover design and execution.
- During workover or completion operations, provide onsite technical support to ensure quality control during critical operations such as logging, perforating, cement squeezing, or stimulation.
- Provide onsite supervision of all special well work operations from beginning through completion while ensuring operations are carried out with best oilfield practices and in accordance with program and all relevant company standards.
- Perform production monitoring and evaluation while making regular reports to the production engineers on the progress of operations.
- Maintain project management control over well equipment installation, well completion and workovers.
- Coordinate production, drilling, pump installations, and workovers with asset or operations managers, while providing technical guidance to operators and mechanics onsite
- Review well production on daily basis to ensure that wells are optimized as to productivity.
- Provide engineering support on a variety of subjects, including completion designs, workover and fishing jobs, and production facility modifications.
- Monitor production rate of gas or oil from established wells and plans.
- Minimum of 10 years’ production experience
- 5+ years as a production foreman/supervisor
- Understanding of completions, multiphase fluid flow, wellbore hydraulics, reservoir characterization, well stimulation and economic analysis
- Previous field experience utilizing workover rigs, logging, perforating, cement squeezing, or stimulation preferred
- Previous experience as an operation/production superintendent or district manager preferred
- Demonstrated leader with excellent management, supervisory and communication skills
- Proficiency reporting with a variety of systems
- Possession of current well control certificate
- Familiarity with OSHA and EPA Health & Safety Regulations
- A working knowledge of area regulations and compliance requirements