Drilling Consultant Jobs
DTC frequently has drilling consultant jobs available in basins throughout the U.S. Currently, we are looking for consultants with extensive drilling experience and strong leadership skills to work in Ohio/West Virginia and Texas.
The Drilling Consultant provides onsite supervision of day-to-day drilling operations. This position ensures the safety of all personnel on location while successfully executing the Operator’s drilling plan and reaching target depth as quickly and cost effectively as possible. We are seeking the best in on-site supervisors to represent DTC and the Operator with the highest level of professionalism and performance.
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with safety and environmental standards, government regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day activities of rig contractor personnel and third party contractors.
- Maintain daily activity reports, cost tracking, vendor evaluations and other reports as required.
- Coordinate with engineering and purchasing departments to ensure necessary services/equipment are available when needed.
- Confer with supervisor and engineers and make recommendations to optimize field operations and ensure effective teamwork between office and field personnel.
- Responsible for all operations conducted on site or on staging areas for wellsite.
- 5+ years of experience as a drilling consultant
- 7+ years of experience in horizontal drilling
- Additional experience with under-balanced, over-pressured drilling
- Proficiency with Pason / WellView
- Proficiency reporting with a variety of systems
- Strong dedication to safety
- Possession of current well control certificate
- Familiarity with OSHA and EPA Health & Safety Regulations
- A working knowledge of area regulations and compliance requirements